Friday, January 9, 2009

Dining Out: Aster's Ethiopian

Thanks to Allison (Hi Allison!), sometime last year I was introduced to the joys of Aster's restaurant. It's family run--pictures of grandkids on the walls, and I think the entire waitstaff is composed of extended family.

And the food is fantastic. I love a place where I can get vegetarian food that's flavorful, plentiful, and (at least theoretically) healthy. I'm sure these dishes have lots of butter and oil in them, but for the most part they are composed of veggies like lentils, eggplant, potato, and carrots.



The best part, though, is injera, the bread you use to scoop up the other food. I found a recipe online and am going to try it soon. Other than the three-day fermentation process, it looks simple enough!





No comments:

Post a Comment