Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mooncakes

When I was a freshman in college, one of my friends introduced us all to mooncakes, which her mom had sent from a special bakery in Georgia. I remember finding them beautiful and delicious, and have been halfway tracking them down ever since. It took me a long time to figure out that they're only available during a special time of year, but this year I went up to the giant Asian supermarket to get a box of them.


Of course I don't have the attachment to tradition or the holiday per se, but the mooncakes are a unique dessert; maybe they'll catch on with a wider audience eventually.


This one is filled with red bean paste, but the box of 6 I got had two each of red bean, date, and lotus. They're all pretty sweet, and best with tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment