Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dining Out: Thai Fresh

Thai Fresh, recently recognized by Bon Appétit, is a multi-purpose food-related endeavor, offering cooking classes, catering, a changing selection of prepared foods for dine-in or take-out, and even a few Thai cooking utensils for sale. They locally source many of their ingredients.

I went there recently with food blog compadre Citizen Taco, and sampled some of the dishes available from the deli. You can choose one, two or three items, and are given the choice of brown or white rice. About half the selections are vegetarian.

Tofu with green beans
(I also got a green curry, which I liked better but was less photogenic)

Two ice creams: Thai tea and black pepper

I was also offered sticky rice with my ice cream (I declined). The ice cream/sorbet selection had all kinds of interesting flavors, and would be even more appealing during Austin's long summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment