Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kitchen Tools: Restaurant Supply

First, it was drugstores. Then, office supply. Now, when I need an organizational fix, it's off to the restaurant supply store.

They're usually unassuming little places--you would drive right by if you weren't looking for them. But inside holds untold dreams of efficient, affordable, unbreakable kitchen ware. We have two in Austin, Ace Mart and Mission Restaurant Supply. Ace boasts the bigger selection but Mission is closer to home.



So, next time you need a tabletop syrup (or honey, in this case) dispenser so you can get that "diner" feeling in the comfort of your own home, you know where to go.

2 comments:

  1. I love these kind of stores! The first one I ever happened upon was years ago in Oakland, Ca. I actually worked a few blocks from it, and, like you said, it was very unassuming from the outside. One day, when I still had some time on my lunch break, I sauntered in. Wow. Was I ever surprised - and hooked! Up and down the aisles, I explored. Sometimes I bought something, more times than not, I just looked - and dreamed of a kitchen that had everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca - thanks for the comment! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete