Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dining Out: Get Sum Dim Sum

I have been curious about a new place that opened up at 45th & Lamar some months back, Get Sum Dim Sum, where the idea is that you can order dim sum a la carte any time of day. Sounds like a great idea to me! So here's the report.

I ordered (clockwise from bottom): "Woo Gok" (fried taro dumplings with mushroom and bamboo), veggie dumplings, tofu dumplings, and Chinese broccoli with oyster sauce. The chili sauce in the center is I believe a specialty of the chef's. It's good, but I think it has meat bits.

Closeup on the taro dumplings

Taro dumpling innards

The menu: sort of like ordering sushi

Instructions for ordering; you can either get semi-predetermined combo meals or order piece by piece exactly what you want

I enjoyed everything I ate, and my total was about $14 which is not too bad considering I took enough home to make a smallish lunch tomorrow. They have several hot teas and some interesting bottled beverage choices, as well as the standard desserts.

I was especially happy that the dumplings had a bit more flavor than some that I've had--a greater variety of vegetables, and not too salty as is sometimes the case. I'll be back to try some of the other items on the menu.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it down there. My mom went and she had an ok experience, but you've made me want to try it out. A

    ReplyDelete