Monday, October 4, 2010

Vanessa's Dumpling House

Over the summer, I was fortunate to live within walking distance to Vanessa's Dumpling House, which I found out about through the internet when I was looking for good dumplings. You know it's a winner when there's a steady stream of customers, which there always is at Vanessa's.

Waiting in line isn't so bad, though, because you can watch the skillful steaming and frying of massive numbers of dumplings... And anticipation is a good appetizer.

A juicy shrimp dumpling

A veggie dumpling
(These take extra time to prepare, but are worth it)

A scallion and egg "pancake"

Dumplings prior to being consumed

A sandwich made on a sesame pancake, with fried egg and veggies

I think my total for all this food, which fed me for three meals, was $13.

No comments:

Post a Comment