Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dim Sum Go Go

Careless checking off on an ordering menu led me to order two rounds of dim sum at this Chinatown establishment. Too much of a good thing? Possibly. But it meant I got to sample both their vegetarian and their meat (mostly shrimp) dumplings.

Meat dumplings

Veggie dumplings filled with all kinds of things
+ the same sponge-like thing in the middle - seaweed?

The green sauce, which had ginger, onion and oil in it was
especially tasty (I went through two small bowls of it)

Hot tea and toasted soy beans, also very tasty

Actually the most interesting thing about the whole experience was that I went early, around 5pm, and restaurant was nearly empty. I was seated next to an older lady with a strong European accent who started talking to me when she realized we were both alone. She tipped me in on the green sauce and told me about her experiences in the neighborhood. Who says New Yorkers aren't friendly?

No comments:

Post a Comment