Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dining Out: Yogurt Planet

Well folks, I made myself hungry by writing about yogurt last week, so I decided I had to visit the new neighborhood frozen yogurt establishment, Yogurt Planet. I didn't really know what to expect but I was really impressed and plan to go back soon.

(Apparently these places are old news even in Austin--but it was new to me!)

Original "tart" yogurt with kiwi, lychee, mochi, and coconut jelly

The self-serve yogurts

I was impressed for a number of reasons:

1. The yogurt was clearly high quality and they even had a sign up about how it was healthy and had live cultures etc.

2. The toppings were a mix of standards and unusual ones, both fruits and candies, largely with an Asian bent... And all of them looked amazing

3. It's all self-serve and mix/match so you can get whatever suits your fancy... Usually I'm not a fan of "do it yourself" restaurant themes (don't you go out to eat so that others make those decisions for you??) but in this case it works

4. Very clean, and clearly popular... At least with college age women and young families!

Next week I won't even mention yogurt, I promise. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked it. I found Tomuchi, which from the inside photo looks exactly like YP, to be flavorless and odd tasting. But I do agree with you that pick n' choose restaurants are trouble for me. I tend or really awful combinations. ;) I'm oldschool, TCBY is # 1.

    A

    ReplyDelete